Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

from Matt Taylor and sweeping the ball past goalke...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

from Matt Taylor and sweeping the ball past goalkeeper Matt Gilks. Blackpool hit bac

Started by amy11, 2014/03/12 08:54AM
Latest post: 2014/03/12 08:54AM, Views: 398, Posts: 1
from Matt Taylor and sweeping the ball past goalkeeper Matt Gilks. Bla...
#1   2014/03/12 08:54AM
amy11
Bode Miller is known for his aggressive nature on the slopes, a hold-nothing-back approach thats led to plenty of success and spills. When it comes to his surgically repaired left knee, Miller will hold back and take a much more cautious route, especially with the 2014 Sochi Olympics just around the corner. Miller has elected to skip the remaining portion of the World Cup season, along with world championships, to give the knee more time to heal. The two-time overall champion had microfracture surgery nearly a year ago and doesnt want any sort of setback with the Olympics -- his last one, he said -- so close. Because another injury would probably end his career. Still, its a little strange without Miller heading to the starting gate. Hes missed a few races in his career, but he hasnt sat out a full season since his debut in 1997. "It was tough for me to miss a season of ski racing, but this decision was easy for me when I look at my opportunity next year," the 35-year-old Miller said in a press release Wednesday. "I have said many times that motivation is a key trait for me when it comes to my racing -- I am super motivated to do great things next year." Miller has been so successful by doing things his way, on his terms. That gamblers mentality has served him well in his career, leading to five Olympic medals -- including that elusive gold at the 2010 Vancouver Games -- four world championships and 33 World Cup wins, which is an American mens record. U.S. coach Sasha Rearick applauded Millers decision to slow down and not rush back into action. He wants Miller healthy in a year, not skiing on the circuit just for the sake of skiing on the circuit. "It is an incredibly smart and strategic decision by Bode," Rearick said. "Hes become legendary for pushing the limits of what is possible on skis, but knows an additional injury to his knee could put the 2014 Olympics in jeopardy. "At this point, he is not fully recovered to race and has turned his focus to being 100 per cent fit for Sochi." By shutting things down early, Miller wont lose his starting position at World Cup races next season. He will still begin with the top skiers in the world, not near the bottom when the snow has been trampled and filled with ruts. Off the slopes, this has been a big year for Miller. He married pro volleyball player Morgan Miller on Oct. 7, and the couple is expecting their first child. Miller has a daughter from a previous relationship. Miller has had his share of drama away from skiing. In December, Miller accidentally hit his wife in the eye with a golf ball. Later, on Twitter, he posted, "Hit wife w golfball. (hash)worstfeelingever." Photos of his wife last month showed her left eye completely closed and badly bloodied. She ended up getting more than 50 stitches. She later posted: "Im not feeling so hot. Line drive to the face today with a golf ball from my darling husband. I still love." Michael Jordan Jersey . The team recalled infielder Jordany Valdespin from Triple-A Buffalo before the finale of a three-game series against Philadelphia. Cedeno was subbing at shortstop for starter Ruben Tejada, on the DL since May 7 with a strained right quadriceps. Carlos Boozer Jersey .C. -- Forward Corey Maggette said that while the Bobcats have plenty of questions to answer moving forward, owner Michael Jordans commitment to winning is not among them. http://www.shopthe... .J. -- Rex Ryan has not dashed his Super Bowl hopes -- or the chance Darrelle Revis will be there on the field with the New York Jets this season. [url=http://www.shopthechicagobulls.com/Toni-Kukoc-Jersey/]Toni Kukoc Jersey . Baldelli suffered the injury in the third inning of Bostons 12-1 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Monday. Baldelli, who the team signed in the offseason, has three hits in 13 at-bats on the young season. Scottie Pippen Jersey . With the Devils facing elimination and the Kings poised to win the Cup, there was tension that manifested itself in a rather tight affair, with both teams combining for 25 shots on goal through the first 40 minutes. Patrik Elias, the Devils veteran who has been struggling throughout the playoffs (scoring seven points in 21 games prior to Game Four), got New Jersey on the board when he backhanded in a rebound of a Bryce Salvador point shot.LONDON -- West Ham striker Ricardo Vaz Te scored with three minutes remaining to take his team into the English Premier League with a 2-1 win over Blackpool in the promotion playoff final on Saturday. The Portuguese winger lifted the ball into the roof of the net from close range after a goalmouth scramble to end the Hammers yearlong absence from the Premier League. The victory guarantees West Ham about 90 million pounds in broadcast and other revenue and should help it keep hold of its best players, including England goalkeeper Rob Green and Vaz Te, who scored 24 goals this season. "It is another step, a big challenge," Vaz Te said. "We must get there with the mentality that were a Premier League side and not there to fight for relegation. "West Ham is a great club." West Ham was relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season and hired former Bolton, Newcastle and Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce to get it back to the topflight. The Hammers were challenging for automatic promotion for much of the season but their form dipped late on, allowing Reading and Southampton to pull away and fill the top twoo spots in the second-tier League Championship.dddddddddddd "Its everything to me," Allardyce said. "It was difficult at the start to turn the club around with the relegation problem weve had but we turned it round and came good at the end. "Ill look forward to the celebrations first before I start worrying about the Premier League. Were just delighted about how much it means at West Ham for the players, the owners, the staff and the 30 or 40,000 fans here." Vaz Te hit the side-netting and Jack Collison put a shot high before Carlton Cole put West Ham ahead in the 35th, collecting a cross from Matt Taylor and sweeping the ball past goalkeeper Matt Gilks. Blackpool hit back two minutes after halftime after Cole gave the ball away near halfway. Matt Phillips carried the ball forward and crossed to the feet of Tom Ince, for the son of former West Ham midfielder Paul Ince to score with a shot across Green to the far post. West Ham fans jeered Ince throughout, still irked by the fact that his father was photographed in a Manchester United shirt before he completed a move away from the Hammers in 1989. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes