Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

and Jon are two of the premier - Country Music Tal...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

and Jon are two of the premier

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/02 07:28AM
Latest post: 2014/04/02 07:28AM, Views: 283, Posts: 1
and Jon are two of the premier
#1   2014/04/02 07:28AM
wxq123
MISSISSAUGA, Ont. -- Eric Tillman might be having second thoughts, but Ricky Ray isnt anymore. The veteran quarterback says hes settled nicely into his new life with the Toronto Argonauts, seven months after Tillmans stunning decision to send Ray east after nine seasons in Edmonton. Earlier this week, the Eskimos general manager told an Edmonton radio station if he had it all over to do again he probably wouldnt make the trade. That sentiment is of little solace to Ray. "Yeah, Ive been over that for a while.," Ray said with a chuckle following practice Thursday. "You know, its football. "I was lucky to play in one place for so long. The trade happened and, yeah, I was a little shocked and upset in the beginning but throughout the off-season I was definitely really excited to come here and work with (Argos rookie head coach) Scott Milanovich. The trade was done and Im happy to be here in Toronto. This is a great spot for me." Tillman has come under heavy criticism in Alberta since trading Ray -- one of the most accurate and purest passers in CFL history -- in December for journeyman quarterback Steven Jyles, kicker Grant Shaw and the No. 2 selection in the 2012 CFL draft. Not only did Ray lead Edmonton to a pair of Grey Cup titles during his time there, he was also a huge fan favourite. Whats more, at age 32 Ray is still in his prime and should have many years of solid production left considering Montreals Anthony Calvillo -- another outstanding pure passer -- is still going strong at age 39. Ray led Edmonton to an 11-5 record and first-place with B.C. and Calgary in the West Division in 2011. He finished the season third overall in passing with 4,594 yards -- the sixth time in nine seasons he has surpassed the 4,500-yard plateau -- while completing 65.2 per cent of his passes. Ray also threw 24 touchdown passes against just 11 interceptions. Jyles and the Eskimos beat Ray and the Argos 19-15 at Commonwealth Stadium in the season opener for both teams. Ray finished 29-of-39 passing in his return to Edmonton for 298 yards and a TD while Jyles finished 21-of-36 for 236 yards and an interception. The real star of the game was Shaw, who hit all four field goals he attempted while Argos veteran Noel Prefontaine missed two of the three he tried. It certainly was a different story last weekend as Ray threw for 407 yards and two TDs while leading Toronto to a thrilling 39-36 home victory over Calgary on Saturday. The following night, Jyles was a dismal 10-of-19 passing for 91 yards and Edmontons offence mustered just 137 net yards in a 17-1 road loss to the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Moments later in Regina, Tillman stepped forward to shoulder the blame for the embarrassing defeat. Then on Tuesday he took to the airwaves to publicly second-guess his decision to trade Ray. "Honestly, I would probably not," Tillman said. "I would have listened to my wife, who begged me not to make the trade because she talked about the fact that we had just gone 11-7 (last year), that we could actually have an off-season where I might be semi-popular in Edmonton for a change, and to stay status quo." Ray joined a Toronto team that finished last in the East Division last year with a 6-12 record. The six-foot-two, 205-pound quarterback was slow to adjust to Milanovichs offence during training camp -- Ray was 8-of-15 passing for 99 yards and two interceptions in two exhibition games -- but is currently the CFLs passing leader with 705 yards through two games. "I think the offence is better designed to handle my strengths so Im really excited to play in this offence," Ray said. "This opportunity is just a great opportunity for me." Ray said returning to Edmonton early in the season helped him achieve closure with the trade and the fact he was no longer an Eskimo. "For sure, that was a good game to kind of get out of the way," Ray said. "I think the weirdest part of that game was just knowing so many guys on the other team. "Usually you know a guy or two and thats about it but I pretty much knew the whole team and it was kind of weird watching them. But now we can just get back to playing football." wholesale jerseys . Choi was 5 under through 12 holes when first-round play was delayed because of lightning, then added a birdie on the par-4 14th and finished the bogey-free round with four pars. Cheap nfl Jerseys . -- Christian Watford had only come off the bench once in his Indiana career. http://www.cheapjerseys2014.us.com/[/ur... . -- Andrew Luck is getting a full immersion into the NFL. [url=http://www.cheapjerseys2014.us.com/]Cheap Jerseys free shipping . -- Tom Brady cant stop smiling these days. Cheap Jerseys from china . Leach, 26, had an 11.74 ERA in three outings, including one start. He wasnt the pitcher of record in any of the three games he pitched in.(NLL) - The Minnesota Swarm acquired the third overall selection in Fridays dispersal draft of Boston Blazers players from the Colorado Mammoth on Wednesday in exchange for F Sean Pollock, D Jon Sullivan, and D Rory Smith. Minnesota now holds both the third and fourth overall selections in the first round of the dispersal draft, which will take place on Friday. Players available in this dispersal draft include F Dan Dawson, F Casey Powell, G Anthony Cosmo, and D Kyle Rubisch. "Having the third and fourth picks in this dispersal draft with the quality of players that are available is very exciting," said Swarm owner John Arlotta. "Although we have given up a lot in this trade, we have positioned ourselves well in this dispersal draft to accomplish the next phase of our plan, which is to build the Swarm into a contender in the NLL not only next year but for many years to come. "It was tough to part ways with these players. Jon and Sean have been integral parts of this franchise for the past seven years. Sean has not only been a fierce competitor, but living in the community he has also played a role in helping lacrosse grow in Minnesota. Jon was as steady and dependable a player as you can get, and I cant remember him missing a game in the three years that I have owned the team. "It was also very tough to give up Rory Smith since he is not only the toughest player in the league, but he has now developed into one of thhe best defensive players in the NLL as well.dddddddddddd Id like to thank all these players for their contributions to the Swarms success." Pollock notched 27 points and collected 19 loose balls in 16 games with Minnesota in 2011. In his seven-year career with the Swarm, the native of Wallaceburg, Ontario appeared in 105 games while notching 331 points, and 374 loose balls. In 2009, the 29-year-old forward led the Swarm with 65 points. Minnesota selected Pollock in the 2004 NLL Expansion Draft after he spent his first season in the NLL with the Arizona Sting in 2004. Sullivan recorded nine assists and collected 60 loose balls in 16 games with Minnesota in 2011. The 29-year-old defenceman spent his first seven seasons in the NLL with the Swarm and registered 50 points, and 385 loose balls in 104 games. The Swarm acquired the St. Catharines, Ontario native as a free agent in 2004. Smith collected 60 loose balls and dished out two assists in 15 games with Minnesota in 2011. The 24-year-old joined the Swarm after being selected fourth overall in the 2010 dispersal draft of Orlando Titans players. In four seasons with Minnesota, Orlando and New York, the defenceman has posted four assists and 154 loose balls in 54 career games. "Our stingy defense just got even better," said Mammoth general manager Steve Govett. "Rory and Jon are two of the premier defenders in the NLL. This move should send a message to the rest of the league." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes