Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

more year! What a beauty to be around. - Country M...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

more year! What a beauty to be around.

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/22 10:57AM
Latest post: 2014/04/22 10:57AM, Views: 276, Posts: 1
more year! What a beauty to be around.
#1   2014/04/22 10:57AM
wxq123
A monster home run by clean-up hitter Barbaro Canizares on a 3-0 count in the bottom of the 10th inning gave the Winnipeg Goldeyes Game 1 of the American Association championship series. Tuesday night at Shaw Park in downtown Winnipeg, Canizares hit a belt-high fastball from Wichita Wingnuts reliever Josh Dew all the way to the Red River to seal a 5-4 victory for Winnipeg and hand Brian Beuning his first win of the post-season. It also gave Winnipeg a hard-earned victory after a tremendous Game 1 of the best-of-five American Association final. “He got a pitch he could handle on a 3-0 count and we knew he had the green light,” said Kyle Day, who had a tremendous game for Winnipeg. “The guy is a great hitter and if he gets a pitch he can drive, he can hit it a long way.” This was an outstanding game right from the opening pitch. In fact, Goldeyes centrefielder Chris Roberson made a sensational sliding catch deep in the right-centerfield gap to record the first out of the evening. Winnipeg opened the scoring with a run in the second as Canizares walked, Josh Mazzola walked Luis Alen singled to load the bases and Canizares eventually scored on a ground out by Day. Wichita scored twice in the third to take a 2-1 lead but Winnipeg tied it up in the bottom of the third as Price Kendall singled and eventually came around to score on a bases-loaded walk to Mazzola. Wichita took a 3-2 lead in the fifth, but Winnipeg tied it in the sixth on a double by Mazzola and an RBI single by Mike Coles. Wichita went ahead 4-3 in the eighth, but in the bottom of the inning, the Goldeyes found a little two-out lightning. After Mazzola and Alen struck out, Coles doubled and then Day followed with a double off the wall to tie the game at 4-4. “I just wanted to stay positive,” said Day who also made three great catches in left field. “I was 0-for-12 in the post-season when I came to the plate but I just told myself to stick to the process and have fun playing baseball. I wanted to wait for my pitch and put a good swing on it and I was able to do that.” Days heroics with two out in the eighth, set up Canizares walk-off bomb in the 10th. Canizares first hit of the night ended the night. Beuning (1-0, 1.08 ERA) got the win for Winnipeg while Dew (0-1, 5.40 ERA) suffered the loss. The Canizares blast was only the second home run allowed by Dew all season. Two of the best pitchers in the American Association, Ace Walker for Winnipeg and Josh Lowey (the leagues pitcher of the year) for Wichita, started the game but went only 5.2 innings each as a tight strike zone forced nine walks between them, unusually high pitch counts and a very long three hour and 30 minute game. The Goldeyes and Wingnuts will play Game 2 of this best-of-five championship final on Wednesday night at Shaw Park in downtown Winnipeg. Lefty Chris Salamida (0-0, 4.50 ERA) will get the start for the Goldeyes while Ryan Hinson (1-0, 1.35 ERA) will toe the slab for Wichita. cheap nfl jerseys usa . After complaints by the union that the Marlins werent using revenue-sharing money to improve, the players association, Major League Baseball and the Marlins reached a three-year agreement in January 2010 that the team would increase payroll annually as it prepared to move into its new ballpark in 2012. cheap nfl jerseys . In seventh place in the Eastern Conference, the Impact will need to run the table in the four games left in their regular season and hope that the Houston Dynamo, who hold the fifth and final playoff spot, and the sixth-place Columbus Crew both falter down the stretch. http://www.wholesalenflch... . -- As it turns out, there is nothing boring about a victory at golfs third-oldest championship. [url=http://www.wholesalenflcheapjerseysfromchina.biz/]cheap nfl jerseys paypal . A person with knowledge of the situation says Smith suffered stab wounds. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Saturday because those details had not been released. The team says it is in communication with authorities and wont comment further at this time. nfl jerseys china . Five months after they brawled in Munich at a news conference, Haye put Chisora down for good with a left hook. No world titles were at stake in the scheduled 10-rounder, which was sanctioned by the Luxembourg federation because the British Boxing Board of Control wouldnt license either fighter after their shameful antics in Munich.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Teemu Selanne says hes far from finished with hockey, and the Anaheim Ducks are grateful hes still not feeling his age. The 42-year-old Selanne agreed Thursday to a one-year, $4.5 million deal with the Ducks to return for the 20th NHL season of his remarkable career. Selanne could end up being the NHLs oldest active player next season, yet he shows no signs of slowing after leading the Ducks in scoring last season. Only Gordie Howe ever scored more points as a 41-year-old than Selannes 66 last season, and Selanne sees no reason he shouldnt keep going. "Sometimes, age is just a number," Selanne said in a phone interview while on vacation in Italy. "Age is a funny thing. A lot of times, I dont really feel 42. Its just a number. It all depends on how you feel." The Finnish Flashs real numbers are much more impressive: Selanne is the 19th-leading scorer in NHL history with 1,406 points in two decades spent mostly in Anaheim, his home for parts of 13 seasons. The right wing is 12th in league history with 663 goals, and could crack the top 10 with another strong season. "I just enjoy the game so much," Selanne said. "I still feel I have something to give." Selanne has been with the Ducks for the past seven years, winning the Stanley Cup in 2007. Although he has contemplated retirement every off-season since raising the Cup, his latest return to the Ducks has been widely expected after he played all 82 games -- the oldest player in NHL history to do that -- without injuries. "It was a little bit easier than last year," said Selanne, who needed off-season knee surgery a year ago. "Last year, I had my knee and wasnt sure if I was able to play again. I just enjoy the game so much." Hes in the middle of a long summer break after Anaheim missed the playofffs, but the Ducks surged in the second half of the year under new coach Bruce Boudreau.ddddddddddddSelanne was impressed by Boudreaus energy and management technique, and he believes the Ducks are ready for a rebound after winning just one post-season round in the past five seasons since their championship. "Our team, we want to win again, so that was a part of my decision, too," Selanne said. "I truly believe we have all the pieces. We obviously have some unfinished business from last year, and I cant wait to start the season again." Selanne could be the NHLs senior player this winter if goalie Dwayne Roloson -- nine months older than Selanne -- remains unsigned, although 47-year-old Czech goalie Dominik Hasek is entertaining the prospect of an NHL comeback. Yet Selannes production, enthusiasm and fitness have remained incredibly steady as he advances into his 40s. He has scored at least 25 goals in six of his last seven seasons with Anaheim, and Selanne was the NHLs eighth-leading scorer in 2010-11 with 80 points. The Ducks gave him a raise from last seasons $4 million deal, although its not about money at this point for Selanne. He has a comfortable life in Orange County with his wife and four children, who have always encouraged him to keep playing. "I think were all enjoying this moment right now, and my boys are happy," Selanne said. "My family has been so supportive. Its another season, and theyre so excited about it." Selannes teammates also were thrilled to hear the news, with left wing Bobby Ryan tweeting: "That ageless wonder number 8 still doing it for one more year! What a beauty to be around. Hes not bad either!" Devante Smith-Pelly, Selannes 20-year-old teammate, was even more succinct: "One more year! One more year!" ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes