Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

d RBCs Play Hockey initiative. "(Itd RBCs Play Hoc...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

d RBCs Play Hockey initiative. "(Itd RBCs Play Hockey initiative. "(It

Started by lili, 2014/04/23 02:01AM
Latest post: 2014/04/23 02:01AM, Views: 309, Posts: 1
d RBCs Play Hockey initiative. "(Itd RBCs Play Hockey initiative. "(It
#1   2014/04/23 02:01AM
lili
NORTH PLAINS, Ore. -- Japans Mika Miyazato shoot a 4-under 68 on Saturday to take a two-stroke lead after the second round of the LPGA Tours Safeway Classic. Miyazato, tied for the first-round lead with Sydnee Michaels after a 65, had an 11-under 133 total on Pumpkin Ridges Ghost Creek Course. South Koreas So Yeon Ryu, the Toledo Classic winner last week, was second after a 68. Ryu and Miyazato, winless in her four seasons on the LPGA Tour, will be paired together again Sunday after playing in the same group the first two days. Cristie Kerr and Inbee Park shot 70 to reach 8 under, and Michaels had a 72 to join top-ranked Yani Tseng and Paula Creamer at 7 under. Tseng had a 67, and Creamer shot a 69. Miyazato is enjoying the best stretch of play on the LPGA Tour of late, with second-place ties this summer at the NW Arkansas Championship and LPGA Championship. "I have so much good experience the last four or five events," Miyazato said. "But I dont know how much closer to win the tournament. I try to focus on my golf game, one shot at a time." She was asked if shes ready to win. "Im always ready," she said. Miyazato must fend off Ryu, who closed with a 9-under 62 last week in Ohio to tie the LPGA record for lowest final-round score for a winning player. Ryu is 29 under in her last six rounds of competition, all six rounds in the 60s. "(Miyazato) is ready to make a win. The problem with golf is its quite a mental game. She can win pretty soon, but I want to make another win, too," Ryu said. Tseng leads the tour with three victory, but hasnt won since March and missed the cut in three of her previous four tournaments. "Im (four) shots back, so on this course, you can make a lot of birdies here," Tseng said. "I feel Im getting back. I can get back slowly. I dont have to win this week. I can play well tomorrow and maybe next week Ill win, but you never know." Kerr, who won the event in 2008 at Columbia-Edgewater and finished second Pumpkin Ridge in 2010, expects Sunday to be a shootout. "Typically, the winner of this tournament shoots a low round on Sunday, so that is whats going to have to be done," Kerr said. "I think at least 14 or 15 under will probably win." Michelle Wie was tied for 11th at 5 under after a 70. Defending champion Suzann Pettersen was 2-under after a 71. Last year, the Norwegian star Pettersen overcame a nine-stroke deficit in the final round and won in a playoff. It was nearly 30 degrees cooler Saturday following Fridays scorching 100-degree day. Players said lower temperatures made the 6,611-yard course play longer. Miyazato birdied two of her final four holes in her bogey-free round to take the lead. "I had so much good today," Miyazato said. "My second shot was very well. But I had so much frustration on the putting on the front nine." The Miyazato name is familiar on the LPGA Tour, though not Mika, but Ai Miyazato, winner of the 2010 Safeway Classic. Ai Miyazato, four years older than Mika, has nine career LPGA Tour victories. The Miyazatos arent related. "Everybody asks me, "Oh, are you Ais sister?" Mika Miyazato said. "Its OK. I think everybody knows Ai, so I dont know if somebody knows me. I think its lucky. Same last name, just different first name." Ryu, the LPGA rookie points leader, briefly took the lead after shooting a 5-under 30 on the back nine -- her first nine. Kerr had birdies the three-hole stretch of par 5s from No. 8-10 to edge into contention. "It gives me some good momentum going into tomorrow," Kerr said. Michaels, an LPGA Tour rookie from UCLA, made an eagle at the par-5 ninth to pull within one stroke of the lead. She struggled late, hitting her tee shots into the water at 17 and 18. Cheap NFL Jerseys . Numbers Game breaks down the Wild signings of Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. The Wild Get: LW Zach Parise and D Ryan Suter. Wholesale NHL Jerseys . -- The Royals claimed off waivers right-hander Guillermo Moscoso from the Rockies and catcher Brett Hayes from the Marlins during a series of moves Friday. http://www.xingfantrade.com/ . Backlund had four goals and seven assists in 41 games for Calgary last season. He has 15 goals and 31 assists in 138 career games with the Flames. Wholesale MLB Jerseys . One of the worlds most famous athletes was standing over the ball ready to take a free kick and all eyes within the crowd in Montreal were transfixed. NBA Jerseys China . The 35-year old Pierce became the oldest player in Celtics history to score 40 points in a regulation game, carrying Boston to a 103-91 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night. TORONTO -- A group of NHL stars is set to take the ice again at Maple Leaf Gardens. Steven Stamkos and P.K. Subban are scheduled to lead teams of locked-out NHLers during a charity game on Dec. 19. It will be held at Ryerson Universitys new Mattamy Athletic Centre, which is located inside the building the Toronto Maple Leafs called home from 1931 to 1999. The proceeds from the game will benefit the NHLPAs Goals & Dreams fund and RBCs Play Hockey initiative. "(It) is a great opportunity to share the joy and excitement of hockey wwith our fans," Stamkos said Wednesday in a release.dddddddddddd. "Im looking forward to playing alongside this impressive lineup of fellow NHL players while helping to raise funds to benefit local hockey programs across the country." Among the other players set to attend are James Neal, Logan Couture, Dion Phaneuf, Phil Kessel, Tomas Kaberle, Mike Komisarek, Kris Versteeg, Niklas Kronwall and John-Michael Liles. Tickets will be on sale starting Thursday at a price of $25. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes