Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

go all out and hopefully if anybody can - Country ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

go all out and hopefully if anybody can

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/23 04:01AM
Latest post: 2014/04/23 04:01AM, Views: 331, Posts: 1
go all out and hopefully if anybody can
#1   2014/04/23 04:01AM
wxq123
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. - U.S. captain Davis Love III wanted Medinah set up to favour the Americans next week in the Ryder Cup, and he kept to a simple philosophy. The rough is down. The speed of the greens is up. "Its going to look like a major championship because Medinah is a big old golf course, with big trees and obviously big tents," Love said Monday at Sea Island Golf Club. "Its going to look like a major, but its going to play probably easier than a major. That benefits our team. Were a long-hitting, freewheeling, fun-to-watch team. And I think its going to be fun to watch." Love returned from another scouting trip at Medinah, the course in the Chicago suburbs that has hosted the PGA Championship twice and the U.S. Open three times. He played Sunday with his son Dru, a freshman at Alabama, and Steve Stricker. Keegan Bradley, one of four Ryder Cup rookies for the United States, played Medinah a week ago. Europe has dominated the Ryder Cup over the last two decades, going home with the gold trophy six out of the last eight times. The Americans have lost only once at home dating to 1999, in 2004 at Oakland Hills, which was set up like a major with thick rough and narrow fairways. They had eight players among the top 20 in the world, but Europe trounced them, 18 1/2-9 1/2. Love said limited rough and quick greens should benefit the U.S. team, and made it more enjoyable for spectators. "Weve set it up the way we think fans will like it," Love said. "People probably dont believe that, but we set it up so that its fun to watch. You dont want to see players chipping out and putting for par at the Ryder Cup. You want to see birdies. You want to see excitement. TV is going to like it. We had four players up there in the last week, and they loved it." Europe, however, has its share of big hitters in Rory McIlroy, Nicolas Colsaerts, Sergio Garcia and Lee Westwood. There were reports that the first cut, typically a yard wide, had been extended as many as seven paces, and Westwood only shrugged when told about that. "Ive yet to see a setup that favours one team or the other," Westwood said two weeks ago at Crooked Stick. "You can play on a field thats 200 yards wide. Its who holes the most putts." The PGA Tour typically plays on faster greens than in Europe, which would seem to favour the Americans. Then again, Europe has eight players on its 12-man team who have some form of PGA Tour membership this year. "They putt better than us, it seems like, in the Ryder Cup," Love said. "Thats why Im excited going in this year that our guys seem to be putting well, playing well. Theres a reason we picked guys that were hot with the putter." He used two of his four captains picks on Stricker and Brandt Snedeker. Love spent Monday promoting the McGladrey Classic at Sea Island, where he is the tournament host. He did a series of television interviews leading up to the Ryder Cup, and then said he would spend the rest of the week working on his pairings. He said he planned a dinner Saturday night in Atlanta during the Tour Championship in which his 12 players would have a good idea who their partners were going to be. He again mentioned likely pairings of Stricker and Tiger Woods, Bradley and Phil Mickelson, and Masters champion Bubba Watson with U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson, and that his plan going into the week would not change unless the partnerships werent working. His biggest issue was figuring out which four players would sit out in the four sessions leading to Sunday singles matches. There have been more big tournaments leading up to the Ryder Cup than ever before, which caused two players — Jason Dufner and Sergio Garcia — to skip FedEx Cup playoff events leading to the Sept. 28-30 matches. Love said no one should be surprised if some of the biggest stars dont play all five matches. "Weve got some guys who early in their career — Tiger and Phil — started out in their first Ryder Cup needing and wanting to play five," Love said. "Now that theyve played a few, they understand that four matches in two days will wear you out for singles, and Sunday singles has 12 points. Everybody needs to have a winning record, and its whatever works best. "What we normally do is play once a day," he said. "With the intensity and pressure of the Ryder Cup, you go in for your first one begging for five (matches), and you go into your third or fourth one begging for four or three. What Im seeing from a lot of our guys is, Play me in the right situations. Let me go out and rest and support the team at least once." cheapjerseys.com . The Thursday filing is in response to the home run record-holders attempt to overturn a felony conviction for misleading a grand jury. The filing with the 9th U. cheap nfl jerseys china . The Sharks enter this lockout-shortened season with something to prove. Although the club qualified for the postseason for the eighth straight time last spring, the Sharks suffered a five-game loss to St. http://www.comcheapjerseys.com/ . Roos was sore before a 35-34 win at Buffalo, and Munchak said the tackle was checked with no symptoms. Roos started his 119th consecutive game and made the return flight home with no apparent problems. But Munchak says Roos had surgery Monday. The tackle has started every game since being drafted in the second round in 2005 out of Eastern Washington. cheap jerseys nfl . Laperriere sat out the past two seasons because of post-concussion syndrome resulting from getting hit in the right eye with a puck during the 2010 playoffs. wholesale nfl jerseys . Williams had been Utahs leading scorer to that point, but left with a concussion late in the third quarter. Hayward checked back in soon after and burst out of his recent slump in time to head off New Orleans comeback attempt, scoring 13 of his 15 points in the final quarter to seal the Jazzs 96-84 victory over the Hornets on Wednesday night.The Monday morning after a hard-fought win in Montreal, boxer Mary Spencer was back home and in bed when her phone rang with the good news. The wait was over. After a month-long delay, she had been chosen by the International Olympic Committees Tripartite Commission to receive the Americas lone wild card berth in the 75-kilogram weight class. Spencer would compete in her first Olympic Games. She fell back asleep with a smile on her face. A few hours later at a press conference in her hometown of Windsor, Ont., Spencer was awake -- and feeling very much refreshed. "Its like a second chance," she said. "It reminds me of when I first started boxing. I felt like I was given a second chance and I was able to prove myself through boxing. Now I feel like Im in that position once again. I never expected to be, but I feel like I am and I cant wait to really make the most of it and a bad situation. "Im very excited to be representing Canada at the Olympics." Video: Watch Mary Spencer Give Her Everything The 511" fighter from Windsor, Ont., was considered the favourite for Olympic gold before she failed to secure a Games berth at the womens world championships in May. After receiving a bye through the first round, Spencer suffered a surprising loss to Swedens Anna Rosalie Laurell in her first bout of the competition. The rest was a waiting game. The IOCs Tripartite Commission was able to choose one fighter of each weight category from each continent (with the exception of Oceania, which received none) to compete at the Games. The decision was initially expected early this month, but unexplained delays pushed the announcement to Monday. The uncertainty must have been agonizing for the Olympic hopeful, but Spencer -- once the Olympic favourite, now an underdog -- willed herself to keep focus. "Since we got back the number one thing was getting back to the gym and training for the Olympics," she said. "It seems like it could have been a hard thing to do, but evverything came together very well.dddddddddddd Weve been practising for this summer so I havent lost any concentration at all." Spencer intensified her focus further in Montreal this past weekend, sweeping a two-fight exhibition series versus Andrea Strohemeir. She defeated the German in two four-round bouts. Canadian teammates Mandy Bujold and Sandra Bizier were not so fortunate in their own wild card bids. Bujold, of Kitchener, Ont., was up for consideration in the 51kg category, but learned Monday that the lone berth would go to Erica Matos of Brazil. Bizier was considered in the 60kg weight class, but was similarly overlooked. "There are a lot of bittersweet moments in sport and this is one of them," Spencer said of the news. The newly-nominated Olympic boxer is particularly close friends with Bujold. "Its a moment I was hoping to share with my best friend, but you know what? Shes really strong. Shes tough and shes going to be training real hard for Rio 2016 so I know shes going to do great then." Womens boxing will make its Olympic debut at the London 2012 Games this summer. The womens competition, including Spencers 75kg weight class, will kick off on August 5 with the gold-medal matches scheduled for August 9. After Spencers elimination from the 2012 World Boxing Championships last month, Irelands four-time world 60kg champion Katie Taylor told the Irish Times it was important for womens boxing that athletes like Spencer were able to compete at the Olympic Games. "We need to showcase womens boxing," she explained. "All I can say is that I am going to do my absolute best," Spencer said on Monday. "I am going to be training my hardest, staying positive, working as hard as I can when I am out there in those fights. "I am just going to go all out and hopefully if anybody can get some inspiration from that, if other boxers can get inspiration from that but then great. But for me, Im just ready to give it all." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes