Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have looked ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have looked inside for their new assistant general manager. Kyle Walters has been picked for a job that current general manager Joe Mack agrees could be a stepping stone to the top spot he now holds. The 39-year-old h

Started by wde, 2014/05/21 04:16AM
Latest post: 2014/05/21 04:16AM, Views: 336, Posts: 1
WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have looked inside for their new...
#1   2014/05/21 04:16AM
wde
WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have looked inside for their new assistant general manager. Kyle Walters has been picked for a job that current general manager Joe Mack agrees could be a stepping stone to the top spot he now holds. The 39-year-old has been the Bombers special teams co-ordinator for the past three seasons. "I think any good organization is going to want to always be conscious of a succession plan," Mack said Wednesday by phone from his home in the United States. "I think our intention is certainly for Kyle to grow in the position and be a candidate when that does occur." His official title will be assistant general manager and director of Canadian scouting. Although Walters has a house in Winnipeg, he spoke by phone from Hamilton to say he was excited about the new job but also a little sad to be giving up a nine-year coaching career. The former defensive back with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats previously worked as a defensive co-ordinator and also as head coach at the University of Guelph. "Thats the thing Im certainly going to miss the most, is the on-field coaching and being around the players," he said. Mack said Walters was picked from a list of more than 16 candidates. "It was very gratifying to see the number of people that were willing to be part of our team and our organization," Mack said. He added that Walters solid Canadian connections were major draws. "I think it was a huge positive that Kyle had played in the league and been captain of a team and the fact that hed been head coach of a CIS program just added to his overall value," Mack said. Although the Canadian draft is a big part of his role, he will also be involved in all aspects of club operations, including talks with free agents, said Mack. "I think right now weve pretty much decided we want to have everybody back if we can arrange it," Mack said of the list of 11 Bomber free agents released by the CFL Wednesday. Although theyve had discussions with all of their free agents, those talks will resume in the next week or so now that the players have had a chance to see if there is other interest in their talents. The 6-12 Blue Bombers did not make the playoffs this past season. There was a "Fire Joe Mack" petition circulating on Facebook and head coach Paul LaPolice did lose his job mid-season over the teams stumbles as they tried to get back to the Grey Cup. After the season ended, the Bombers dumped assistant general manager Ross Hodgkinson, who had held the position since 2008. He first joined the team in 1985 and served in a number of posts. It was widely speculated at the time that the team was looking for someone who might be able to replace Mack and Hodgkinson didnt fit that bill. ED Belfour Blackhawks Jersey . "I executed the plan to a tee," Froch said after his fifth-round victory over the previously undefeated Romanian native. "The plan in fact was just to listen to (coach) Rob McCracken. I listened to him during the fight, as I listened to him for the entire 12 weeks of training camp. Bobby Hull Blackhawks Jersey .C. Place Stadium since joining the Whitecaps. The Scottish midfielder scored in his second straight home game with a penalty kick in the 63rd minute Sunday to give Vancouver a 2-1 win over the San Jose Earthquakes. http... . Lucic, a second-round choice in 2006, is a Vancouver native and was a key part of Bostons 2011 Stanley Cup victory over the Canucks. He had five goals and seven assists in that championship run. "I have spent five great years here in Boston and Ive really embraced the city and the Boston Bruins, and they have embraced me," he said in a conference call. [url=http://www.blackhawkshockeyproshop.com/Stan-Mikita-Blackhawks-Jersey/]Stan Mikita Blackhawks Jersey . of Norway took the overall lead in the Tour de Ski after winning Thursdays 35-kilometre free pursuit cross-country race. Bry... Bickell Jersey . And through the first week and a half with his new team, the change has been good for both him and the AL Central leaders. Taking over at third base and batting second, Youkilis had 11 RBIs and two homers in his first 11 games.NEW ORLEANS - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has been granted a 21-day delay for responding to a defamation lawsuit filed against him by Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma. The delay is considered routine, and Goodells lawyers now must respond by July 5 in U.S. District Court in New Orleans. The suit claims Goodell, "relied on, at best, hearsay, circumstantial evidence and lies" in making commennts about Vilma while discussing the NFLs bounty investigation of the Saints.dddddddddddd Goodell has said Vilma was a leader of the teams bounty program that put up thousands of dollars for hits that targeted opposing teams star players from 2009-11, including $10,000 each on then-Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner and then-Minnesota quarterback Brett Favre during the playoffs in 2010. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes