Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Montreal Canadiens forward Blake Geoffrion has bee...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Montreal Canadiens forward Blake Geoffrion has been cleared by the teams medical staff to return home for three weeks of rest after being treated for a depressed skull fracture suffered during a game between the Syracuse Crunch and the Hamilton Bulldogs o

Started by wde, 2014/05/21 04:16AM
Latest post: 2014/05/21 04:16AM, Views: 313, Posts: 1
Montreal Canadiens forward Blake Geoffrion has been cleared by the tea...
#1   2014/05/21 04:16AM
wde
Montreal Canadiens forward Blake Geoffrion has been cleared by the teams medical staff to return home for three weeks of rest after being treated for a depressed skull fracture suffered during a game between the Syracuse Crunch and the Hamilton Bulldogs on Nov. 9 at the Bell Centre. "I want to sincerely thank all fans, friends, family members and everyone from the hockey world for the incredible support I have received," Geoffrion said in a statement. "I am very happy to be home for Thanksgiving. I would like to thank Dr. Mulder and the clubs medical staff, as well as the entire medical personnel at the Montreal General Hospital for their extraordinary care. I am very grateful to Geoff Molson and Marc Bergevin for the unrelenting support they have shown myself and the members of my family. I also wish to thank all members of the media for respecting this healing period." Geoffrion, 24, is out indefinitely but the medical staff is expecting a complete recovery from his injury. cheap jerseys from china . "Hes getting better and better, so were hopeful," said Henrik after practice Monday. Daniel Sedin was injured March 21 when he took an elbow in the head from Chicago Blackhawks defenceman Duncan Keith. cheap jerseys . He settled instead for his first win in seven weeks, and that was plenty satisfying. Maholm allowed just four hits, pitched into the ninth inning and benefited from three homers and some good defence Friday, leading the Chicago Cubs to a 4-0 win over the Houston Astros. http://www.authenticchinachea... . -- Toronto third baseman Brett Lawrie left Friday nights game against the Oakland Athletics after one inning with tightness in is rib cage. [url=http://www.authenticchinacheapnfljerseys.com/]cheap nfl jerseys . -- Toronto third baseman Brett Lawrie left Friday nights game against the Oakland Athletics after one inning with tightness in is rib cage. wholesale nfl jerseys . Peralta has appealed, and can continue to play until the process is complete. The Rays were at Washington on Thursday night. Peralta was ejected from Tuesday nights game in Washington after umpires found pine tar on his mitt.GENEVA -- UEFA showed it is serious about "Financial Fair Play" on Tuesday by threatening to withhold prize money from Europa League defending champion Atletico Madrid in this seasons competition while it investigates the club. Atletico is the headline name among the 23 clubs whose UEFA payments from this seasons Champions League or Europa League could be stopped because they had fallen behind in financial obligations at a June 30 deadline to enter the competitions. UEFA requires clubs to pay players wages, transfer fees to other clubs and social taxes on time. Champions League contender Malaga, which is owned by a member of Qatars ruling family, Sporting Lisbon and Fenerbahce are also being investigated. "It means that the Financial Fair Play measures are already working. It has some teeth and it works," UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino said on the sidelines of a meeting of the 207-member European Club Association. Infantino said the 23 cases involve C30 million ($38.4 million) of overdue payments. The clubs have until Sept. 30 to provide UEFA with an "updated situation." Atletico director Clemente Villaverde declined to comment on details of the case. Last season, UEFA paid the Spanish club C10.5 million ($13.3 million) in prize money funded by Europa League television rights and sponsorship deals. Malaga is making its Champions League debut and can expect to earn at least C20 million ($25.6 million) even if it fails to advance to the last-16 knockout round. UEFAs threat comes after repeated promises by its president Michel Platini that it will be tough with clubs who overspend and let financial management standdards slip in the "Financial Fair Play" era.dddddddddddd Since July 2011, UEFA has monitored the accounts of all clubs that qualified for the Champions League and Europa League. Clubs are required to aim toward breaking even on their football-related business, and the worst offenders face being barred from the competitions from the 2014-15 season onward. However, clubs face immediate penalties for breaking rules relating to "overdue payables." UEFA had already excluded AEK Athens of Greece, Gyor of Hungary and Beziktas of Turkey from this seasons Europa League. Other sanctions UEFA can apply to its competitions include ruling newly signed players ineligible and restricting a clubs squad size. The 23-club list was drawn up by Jean-Luc Dehaene, the former prime minister of Belgium who heads the independent Club Financial Control Body panel appointed by UEFA to prosecute cases. "(The panel) will continue their investigations and request these clubs to provide an updated situation as of September 30 with regards to overdue payables toward other clubs, employees and social/tax authorities," UEFA said. "This conservatory measure will remain into force until all identified balances have been settled in full or until a final decision by the (panels) adjudicatory chamber is taken." The list includes several teams who were eliminated in Champions League qualifying round: Fenerbahce, Zeljeznicar (Bosnia), Buducnost Podgorica (Montenegro), Vaslui (Romania) and Partizan Belgrade (Serbia). The 32-team Champions League group stage kicks off next week, when Malaga plays at home big-spending Zenit St. Petersburg. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes