Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

BOSTON -- Everywhere Dwyane Wade turned, two Bosto...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

BOSTON -- Everywhere Dwyane Wade turned, two Boston Celtics seemed to be waiting. And as long as Chris Bosh is out, he understands its probably going to stay that way. The Boston Celtics can double-team him without fear, knowing LeBron James is the only o

Started by wde, 2014/05/21 04:17AM
Latest post: 2014/05/21 04:17AM, Views: 277, Posts: 1
BOSTON -- Everywhere Dwyane Wade turned, two Boston Celtics seemed to ...
#1   2014/05/21 04:17AM
wde
BOSTON -- Everywhere Dwyane Wade turned, two Boston Celtics seemed to be waiting. And as long as Chris Bosh is out, he understands its probably going to stay that way. The Boston Celtics can double-team him without fear, knowing LeBron James is the only other Miami player who can consistently hurt them. Wade scored only 18 points Friday in the Heats 101-91 loss in Game 3, snapping his streak of 12 straight 20-point playoff games against Boston that was the longest since Jerry West had 18 in a row from 1966-69. Wade isnt expecting Bosh back from his lower abdominal strain Sunday in Game 4, so the scheme probably wont change. But he vows that his performance will. "Im not coming here crying," he said Saturday. "I can score the basketball, Ive just got to find other ways to do that. It might not be a 41-point effort like it was in Indiana, you never know what each game takes, but Im just going to go out here and play the game that I played for so many years and I will find a way to be effective." Wade shot 9 of 20 in his second-lowest scoring performance of this post-season, after a five-point effort in Game 3 of the second round against Indiana. He was struggling with knee pain then, but insisted there was nothing wrong physically now. The only problem, he said, was the two defenders closing on him whenever he came off a pick or caught the ball anywhere near the lane. He was also largely contained in Game 2, managing only 15 points in regulation before scoring eight in overtime to help the Heat pull out a 115-111 victory. "As a team, we have to figure out ways to exploit the double team," James said. "As his teammates, weve got to make ourselves available to make plays for ourselves, and also when the double team is not there early on offence, weve got to get the ball to him early so he can attack without a double team." Wade didnt attempt a free throw for the first time in a playoff game since 2004, when he was a rookie, and managed just six points on 3-of-9 shooting in the first half. Still, he was far from the only problem for the Heat. "You look at all the effort areas we dominated the first two games, we got our butt kicked in all of them last night," said coach Erik Spoelstra, rolling through the list quickly as if afraid hed forget one if he stopped for a breath. "Points in the paint, they pounded us. Rebounding, they pounded us. Free throws, they beat us. Layup attempts, they beat us. Every area that has to do with toughness and effort we lost, and in the first two games we were winning those categories. Loose balls, 50-50 opportunities." Thats because the Celtics realized thats the only way they can beat such a talented opponent. "I just thought Game 3 was more of a desperation game and we have to play like that," Kevin Garnett said. "We have to get these two at home by any means necessary and then deal with whatever after that. I felt like the way we played in Game 3 is the way we have to play. This team is too athletic, too good, too confident, too well coached, too well-sound defensively." Garnett scored 24 points, the Celtics taking advantage of an undersized Heat lineup without Bosh by repeatedly throw it into their centre near the rim. With Rajon Rondo adding 21 points and 10 assists, its becoming clear theyve found two matchups they can exploit. Yet they were far from satisfied just by taking a game. They were in this same spot last year in the second round, losing two in Miami before winning Game 3 at home. But they dropped Game 4 in their building in overtime and were sent into the summer in Game 5. The Celtics veterans all said they remembered nothing about it -- more likely ignoring it than a case of old guys suddenly losing their memories. But Ray Allen did say the Celtics seem to have a better idea of what it takes to beat the Heat this year. "Were still down one game in this series, so weve only done one thing. Weve won one game. We have to come back, we have to play better. I still think we can play better," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "Thats the first thing I told them after the game. I said, Great win, but thats still not our best. We have to play better and we can play better." So can Wade, though he knows the Celtics will make it difficult. At some point, Bosh may be back and the Heat will be a Big Three again. In the meantime, Wade will keep seeing double. "Like I said, its no secret, guys," Wade told reporters before practice. "Im getting doubled at the top of the key. Im getting doubled in the paint, so lets not shoot a turnaround jump shot all the time, which is not a good shot for our team. Were going to have to find other ways for our team to loosen things up. And eventually, Im a patient person, so eventually things will hopefully loosen up and I can get my opportunities where I can attack and get in a rhythm a little more." wholesale nfl jerseys . For weeks, he has hung around Clevelands offices doing what he could to help new owner Jimmy Haslam. Holmgren attended meetings, practices and games. cheap jerseys .Va. -- The final touchdown pass drew only a slight fist pump from Collin Klein. http://www.chinajerseyswholesale.u... . Rubio averaged 10.6 points, 8.2 assists and 4.2 rebounds per game last season. He finished as runner-up in the NBAs Rookie of the Year voting and finished sixth in the league, and first among rookies, in assists last season. [url=http://www.chinajerseyswholesale.us.com/]Cheap NFL Jerseys . 2. Alvarez hit .458 with four homers and eight RBI in six games last week. His best performance came on August 28th, when he tied a career-best with a four- hit effort, going 4-for-5 with two home runs and four RBI in a 9-0 victory over the St. wholesale jerseys . - The Chicago Bears released veteran safety Chris Harris on Thursday after he asked for a trade, ending his second run with the team.Heather Nedohin and the rest of Team Canada finally have a sense of who theyll play at the 2013 Scotties Tournament of Hearts. A full schedule of provincial championships on Sunday determined 10 of the 11 teams that will challenge Nedohins rink in the Canadian womens curling championship. Leading the charge is Jennifer Jones, who captured the Manitoba title. It will be her 10th Tournament of Hearts. She is a four-time Canadian champion and the 2008 world champion. Mary-Anne Arsenault will skip the Nova Scotia team with former teammates Colleen Jones -- who is playing third -- and second Kim Kelly. This will be Arsenaults 11th trip to the Scotties. Arsenault, Colleen Jones (as skip), Kelly and fifth player Nancy Delahunt won the Canadian title five times and the world championship twice. Together they still hold the record for consecutive Canadian wins, at four. Colleen Jones is the most decorated womens curler in the gamme.dddddddddddd Kelly Scott will skip British Columbias entry for the fourth consecutive year and eighth time overall. Scott has won the Canadian title twice and was 2007 world champion. Ontarios entry in the Scotties will be skipped by Ottawas Rachel Homan, who is sure to be a fan favourite at the event in Kingston, Ont. She won the Canadian juniors in 2010 and is making her second trip to the Scotties. Suzanne Birt of Prince Edward Island is a two-time Canadian junior champion and former world champion who is making her seventh appearance at the national championship. Kerry Galusha will be representing the Northwest Territories/Yukon and is returning for her 11th appearance at the Canadian championship. Rounding out the field is Albertas Kristie Moore, Quebecs Allison Ross, Saskatchewans Jill Shumay and Newfoundland and Labradors Stacie Devereaux. The New Brunswick champion will be declared on Feb. 3. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes